Brisbane West BUG is a proud supporter of the Space for Cycling Brisbane campaign.
Click here to launch the space4cyclingBNE website
Brisbane’s bicycle user groups and community cycling organisations have come together to work toward a vision for Brisbane where it is easy, convenient, and safe for people of all ages and abilities to walk or ride to their destination.
Targeting the Brisbane City Council election in 2016, #space4cyclingBNE is a city shaping campaign aiming to make a better, more liveable, dynamic and vibrant city for all.
The six policy platforms are:
1. Safer routes to schools
2. Local streets not through streets
3. Protected space on main roads
4. A connected and direct network
5. 30kph for neighbourhood streets
6. Bicycle friendly suburban centres